July 25, 2013. Donovan has been cleared of all but one lesser charge! We will update the site soon. THANK YOU for your support!!!
Read our statement on the verdicts here
Donovan Drayton, the young son of world-class guitarist Ronny Drayton, was held in The New York Prison System for 5 years for a crime that he did not commit. Although he has not been convicted and in spite of there being no evidence to connect him to a crime, he was denied bail from the time of his arrest in 2007 until he was finally granted bail by the NY Supreme Court in October 2012.
Found not guilty of the most serious charges at his first trial in 2011, he is currently on trial for charges that resulted in a hung jury.
The Facts, In a Nutshell
- Donovan has no prior criminal record.
- In spite of intense pressure from the DA to accept a plea deal, Donovan steadfastly maintains his innocence and refuses to admit to a crime that he did not commit.
- He has been tried and found not guilty of the most serious charges.
(The remaining charges resulted in a hung jury in spite of the fact that the jury voted 10 to 2 for acquittal. He us currently on trial fighting those charges)
- There was ZERO physical evidence presented at trial connecting him to the crime.
- All of the prosecution’s witnesses against Donovan were confessed criminals who have been shown extraordinary leniency by prosecutor Sean Clarke. (These witnesses include the actual perpetrators of the crime in question)
Donovan is the victim of a vicious and brutal legal system hell-bent on punishing this young man. His devoted single father is fighting to the core of his being for his son’s life.
Learn Donovan’s story & join the movement to FREE DONOVAN DRAYTON.
Timeline and Factsheet
Donovan’s Story by Greg Tate
4Donovan on Facebook
Follow The Movement on Twitter